Thursday, October 13, 2011

Camo & Krooked - The Lesson (ft. Skittles) (Original Version)



I oughta teach you a lesson.

So Camo and Krooked have an album out called "cross the line". It came out last week and the tracks on it are excellent. They have a few singles from it that have been out for a while, which, to be honest i haven't listened to. But i know i will get around to it eventually, because I'm really pleased with their more recent stuff. I wrote down a little reminder to myself to get the whole album and I'm pretty good about going through my lists so maybe you'll see another from the album in the future.

If you've read some of the other posts I've written you probably know why i like this song. I'm pretty sure i have a sweet spot for vocals along this line. I'm just a sucker for em. And aside from a few exceptions such as the Foreign Beggars, TC and Jake, and some randomly featured MC's (I'm probably forgetting some but that's to the point) You don't really see much of that and i really hope it becomes a theme because its just great. When you see anyone like this live there's an MC singing over the track WITHOUT FAIL, but they're scatting and doing freestyle and just hyping the crowd up. I want to see more of real full songs and performances from those guys. I really feel that's a great direction for this music.

I also like how well the lines tie into the drops. Like when he says "I told you i'd teach you a lesson" the drop right after just works. And the bridge with that great chorus ties into the harder part just as well. Its definitely a really well done track. It keeps rolling throughout, there's never a moment where it loses energy or your interest. I heard it just a few days ago and I'm already forcing myself not to listen to it too much  so i don't make myself sick of it too quickly.

So hello... fellow.... welcome to the gallows... I'm here to teach you a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment