Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Daft Punk - Digital Love



I've always loved this song, its my favorite from daft punk by far. Its also one of those i come back to every once and a while and forget how much i love it.

I first heard it when watching Interstellar 5555. That's an animated movie with hardly any sounds other than daft punk's discovery album. It plays all the way though and tells a story, I've really enjoyed it every time i watched it. It was done by a group of Japanese people i believe. The first time i watched the movie i wasnt' completely familiar with daft punk except for their biggest hits, so i was in for a nice surprise. This music video happens to be the part in the movie with this song. Most of (if not all, im not sure) of the songs on discovery are just clipped from the movie and used as the music video.

I watched the movie maybe two days before i left for a two week camp many summers ago. But when i got there i found out they weren't going to allow any electronics at all. My phone and iPod remained off the whole time. Luckily i had been listening to digital love the entire car ride up and it stayed in my head the whole time.

Needless to say, being addicted to listening to music every waking moment meant i was dying to listen to SOMETHING. I met a kid named JD and we became really good friends. He introduced me to Dj Sharpnel and i introduced him to pendulum, among others. We both chatted about music and stuff all the time and we're still great buds. Talking about it probably held us over until we could go listen to music ourselves i think.

When i finally got home i didn't pack or eat or anything. All i did was go look up music JD had told me to get, and every other song i was listening to was digital love. It was like getting a drink of water after going thirsty for so long. I know i would have liked the song just as much if i hadn't had to go without music for so long, but because i did, im so glad i heard it. Because it gave me something to hum and sing along to in my head during the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment