Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unknown Error - The Yearning



This screen has been sitting on my laptop in the background for more than a week now. I don't know why i haven't, or didn't want to get around to it. But here it is, the yearning.

This is a song by Unknown Error, I've talked about him before when i did a song by apex. They're actually the same guy, somewhere along the line he decided on a name change and has been going by apex ever since. I kind of think there's a change in style when you listen to songs where he goes by one or the other. I don't know if that's because the unknown error stuff is older, or if that's intentional.

He's on the lifted music label, started by Chris renegade and Spor. I used to listen to all of their podcasts. They're a small group of artists who release just the greatest music. Evol intent and ewun are two more artists off that label. If you've heard of those guys you'd know that they're all usually producers of some quite hard tracks. This guy not so much, i guess he's their token liquid guy.

Back when i hung out with everyone into this scene i had one friend who was absolutely obsessed with it. We had a running joke with each other that we all had theme songs. And this was undoubtedly his. So it definitely got played tons when we hung out. Now its been a long time since I've seen them, but randomly i got linked to this song a week or two ago. When i listened to it i had a huge dose of nostalgia, it must have been two or more years since i last heard it played even once. I had totally forgotten it existed. I'm so glad i got to listen to it again, even though there are some good and bad feelings that come along with this song.

Now, it may have been HIS theme song, but i really love this track. The warm steady bass, and the melody that sounds oriental. Its just a really relaxing song. I could sit in a dark room with a bunch of people. No words, just enjoying the music. A lot of electronic music is over the top or loud sounding, or at least that what i would imagine someone who doesn't like it would say. (i just say it has energy) But i think most people would even like this one, its just simple beats and awesome melody, if you open your mind to it, its the perfect song to seed your imagination. I find myself daydreaming while listening to it all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment